I made personalized skinny tumblers for a recent trip to Disney World. Coincidentally, that’s also what I made last week’s inverted nose pleat Disney and Star Wars themed masks for. I had zero sunglass fogging and I wore them for over 12 hours a day. Definitely a winner! Anywho, back to these beautiful tumblers! Isn’t the holographic vinyl fun?
These personalized skinny tumblers are a fantastic easy and fast project! I started with high quality tumblers and personalized them with Opal holographic vinyl. The possibilities are endless and these would make great personalized gifts for many occasions. One thing to note is that the vinyl must be hand washed only. A 24-48 hour post installation cure will help to set you up for success! Let’s dive in!
- Enter your text in Silhouette Design Studio. I used an 8″ x 2″ weeding box sized for the 16 oz tumblers. I used the “Whatcha Doing Bold” font from the Silhouette Design Store.
2. Cut your design. I used the default “Vinyl, Glitter” setting for my Cameo 4 and it cut perfectly! It was beautiful to watch.
3. Weed your names and apply transfer tape.
4. Remove the paper backing from the vinyl and apply to the tumbler. It helps to use fabric or a towel (like image below) to help keep it from rolling away. Use a lot of pressure to activate the adhesive and get all of the corners, edges, and small pieces fully adhered to the tumblers.
5. Remove the transfer tape. You’re now ready to enjoy your new personalized skinny tumbler!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on them and purchasing products through my links, I receive a small commission.